Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Miscellany.

This roof project is dragging on more than I would like. Also, I am thinking that these 'roofers' are not exactly super professional types. I am basing this judgment on the waste removal technique, the level of mess made/ left and also that these guys spend more time with their mouths hanging open than not. The whole thing has made me feel grumpy, all that noise.....

I made homemade clay for the boys tonight, they spent over an hour playing with it at the kitchen table. There were a number of arguments yesterday, between the kids, over what to watch on TV, so I've removed all cables connecting anything to anything else....they are in a shoe box in the back of my closet. So, the TV is effectively 'broken'. Anyway, I've been getting together various crafts and books and activities to keep their minds off of the TV situation, and today I've been very successful. I even let the kids paint their canvas shoes.

I got an update on a dog I fostered and adopted out for a local rescue organization. That dog was with us for over a year, NOBODY wanted him. He had been living on the streets in a pack. I brought home one of the dogs and continued to work with him at the shelter almost every day. He became so bonded to me, it was ridiculous. The shelter was not working for him, I could see him going downhill, and then he started biting. He was just so nervous, so afraid of everything. I said 'FUCK THIS' and brought him home, where he got so much better and was so much happier, but still, he was kind of a nervous guy, so no one wanted to adopt him. I finally found the right person, willing to overlook all his flaws, and just love him to pieces. It makes me happy to get the updates, and hear how he's doing. He's very well, catching rabbits in his yard, playing a lot of fetch, and getting a little spoiled.

Since I've dropped all the social stuff I was doing, I think I've actually become HAPPIER. I am spending more time with my kids, and planning redecorating and reorganizing my home to make it a CALMER place. I'm having more conversations (that don't have to do with kids or chores!) with my husband, who has honestly been feeling neglected for a while. I am so independent (selfish?) that sometimes I forget that people need people.

I have FINALLY gotten a dentist appointment through a free clinic. I have not been to the dentist in....so many years, because I've never had dental insurance ('Murica!). It has been problematic because I have this strange dental problem: my wisdom teeth are coming in, but there is no room for them. I will routinely have pain, sometimes it makes my entire face hurt...my bottom teeth are becoming crowded, undoing the thousands of dollars of dental work one when I was a teenager. I've been really worried I would end up being one of those people that DIES from some simple dental issue that never got taken care of because NO INSURANCE. I'm just....so glad I found this resource, and I hope they can help me.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please forgive me if I seem to spam your site, I'm trying to find a way to comment.. testing another OpenID thingy now.

Anonymous said...

I'm testing something else. Maybe all your other readers have Google accounts, and it would be nice if you didn't have to change a lot of things just for me.

Susanne said...

Too bad that you stopped writing :(. There are too few interesting blogs out there... I hope you are well.

Post a Comment